Sunday, December 9, 2007

WORKSHOP STUDENT'S SLIDE SHOW



Here is the work I photographed on the last day of the workshop. Unfortunately, I didn't think to photograph a few more at the end of the session when they had worked on some of these some more. I particularly like that they made multiple attempts at the same image, making adjustments and improvements. Number 2 and Number 3 are always better. Watercolor can be adjusted and changes made but often times it is a better plan to do another one. One of my favorite sayings is "When the horse dies, get off !!"

I hope everyone enjoys seeing these paintings. I am very proud of the terrific work people are doing in these workshops.

5 comments:

Nava said...

Wonderful works!!!

Love that saying.-Although sometimes when the horse looks like it is about to die, it's worth giving it one last mouth-to-mouth (hmm... that didn't come out right).

(-) The lone commenter.

Cecelia said...

I tend to put things away for a while, then go back later and see if I want to do something else, start over, or throw it in the trash! I've put watercolor paper in the sink, under running water, rubbed them, then done more painting. Or, I will add in something like ink, or acrylics. Can't wash them, though, unless you have strong watercolor paper.

Cecelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cecelia said...

Sorry about that, but my finger jiggled when I was posting my comment, and it went off twice. I deleted the last one. Just in case anyone wonders why I deleted my second comment!

Pablo VillicaƱa Lara said...

Tag Your It! Hi Myrna! great blog!

So here's the thing, I got blog tagged last night and now I'm tagging you! Check out my blog for the "rules". I look forward to reading a little something about you not many people know!

Pablo

Related Posts with Thumbnails