Wednesday, December 5, 2007

DECEMBER CHALLENGE PAINTING #4



This is the painting of the day, still a 5" x 7" bozzetto on Tyvek. This time the colors were Ultramarine Blue, Sap Green and Burnt Sienna. I only used black in the pen to draw the image as mixing all three colors together gives a blackish tone for a good dark. I thought this color combination was a little better than some of the others. I wasn't too happy with the drawing so I did it again on another bozzetto which I shall paint tomorrow.

I couldn't believe I kept pulling the same colors over and over so I took all the little strips and refolded them and put a paper clip on it. Then I put them in a bag and shook them all up. Finally I pulled some new colors. I shall reveal them tomorrow with the painting.

I am getting some truly fantastic paintings from a lot of you. Everyone seems to be enjoying this challenge as much as I am. There will be a terrific slide show on Friday. Remember, send me the colors along with the image of your painting.

2 comments:

Nava said...

WOW!

And the textures are incredible too!

RH Carpenter said...

Myrna, I am definitely going to buy some Tyvek paper from that supplier - I love the look you're getting - and like all of the colors you've picked so far. I pulled the names of my colors and then tossed them out so I wouldn't pick the same ones again - at this rate, I can keep going for the rest of the year! ha-ha Thanks again for being such an inspiration!

Related Posts with Thumbnails