Sunday, December 2, 2007

DECEMBER PAINTING CHALLENGE #1



I worked on odd projects today and went with a friend to the Women's Craft Fair at Ft. Mason. Surprise! I found another pair of earrings...who would have thought! I also bought a bookmark from a 10 year old entrepreneur who is doing some very nice work. I just had to support her efforts. I have a very young friend who likes to create art and I am going to give it to her as inspiration to believe in yourself, take a chance and go out there and make it happen!

I spent about 15 minutes on a cross contour drawing. I found a striped kitchen towel so I arranged it and then drew the stripes. I think I need to find a plaid. Naturally, I had some plaid fabric that I threw out when I cleaned up the studio. If we only had a crystal ball to know what to keep and what to toss.

I couldn't wait any longer. After dinner I wrote all my Hydrus Liquid Watercolors on strips of paper and drew out 3. I picked Sepia, Veridian and Thalo Blue. I found a bozzetto of Tyvek paper with a drawing on it, so I set to work and the above is what I came up with. What fun this challenge is. I never would have used these colors together under normal circumstances. I have a theory that there are no ugly combinations. If you can use black and white if necessary, the intermediary colors that are created from the mixing of the 3 colors will create a harmony and should result in a pleasing effect. I can't wait to try this again. I am going to pick 3 random colors each time and make a little painting. I am looking forward to seeing what all of you come up with.

The blogger web site is experiencing difficulties with opening the image in a separate window. They are working on fixing this problem, so keep trying. They posted a temporary "fix" which I tried but it didn't work or I didn't do it right. Anyway, now you can't even download this image. Sorry for the incovenience. I will let you know when the problem is fixed by blogger. Technology is amazing but can be very frustrating.

2 comments:

Nava said...

Wow - quite a dramatic effect you got there! That is one unique color combinations, and an incredibly cool one! makes me think of Gollum chanting "Precious!". :-)

sunnyday said...

this is amazing colour use and contrast .sunny
day

Related Posts with Thumbnails