Saturday, December 22, 2007

FRIDAY SLIDE SHOW ON SATURDAY!



My apologies to Kathy, Nava, Rhonda and Hilda for failing to get the slide show up yesterday. My sweet husband gave me his cold and sore throat and I was under the weather. I thought I was going to escape the germ because I held out for so long, but tis the season... Anyway, these are some great images and I know you will enjoy them.

I did a few bozzettos with the last color combination and now I am ready to do a big painting. I am sitting at the Gallery Concord tomorrow so I will have time to do one then. I purchased my second Shirley Trevena book and it arrived yesterday. This woman combines all the elements that I love....Gorgeous, glorious color, texture, calligraphic lines, linked shapes, a strong sense of abstract design. Every inch of her paintings are fascinating to me. After reading most of the book, I decided to play with some of her "tools" so I worked with drawing with watercolor pencils and played around with "texture medium" which is made by Windsor Newton. I tried it on Tyvek with surprising success. I wasn't sure it would stick but it did. Having both books by Shirley gives me a clearer picture of how she works. Now, if I can just translate some of her ideas into figures and faces....

Just in case I am not the last person on earth to discover this, I am going to share a discovery I made the other day. I always always search the internet through Google but I never paid attention to Google Image search before. Wow, what a great way to find visual information. Now I can spend even more hours on the computer, roaming around the internet and being inspired by all the incredible talent out there.

3 comments:

Nava said...

Very cool to have a duo show on your blog, Myrna, and what an honor to have my first Tyvek attempts next to Kathy's stunning ones! :-)

Nice of your husband to share his viruses with you. Hope you both get better soon!!

RH Carpenter said...

Love the work Nava and Kathy did, but I felt a little left out. Did you get my 2 paintings?

RH Carpenter said...

Sorry, Myrna! That last comment of mine sounded awfully whiny and self-centered, especially knowing you aren't well right now. I do send you many wishes for a quick recovery for you and your husband - having a rotten cold is no fun, especially around the holidays.
Nava and Kathy did great work on these 3-color combos. Maybe I should try more figures...

Related Posts with Thumbnails