Saturday, December 29, 2007

ANOTHER DECEMBER CHALLENGE PAINTING


Here is one I did on regular watercolor paper using the Hydrus liquid watercolors. I wanted to try Shirley Trevena's technique of adding texture medium to part of the painting for additional interest. I also drew into the the image with a dip pen and Hydrus full strength. I had used up all of my color combinations so instead of starting over with additonal ones, I decided to experiment with different primary triad combinations. This one is Cobalt, Cad Red and Chrome Yellow. I have another with this combination on Tyvek which I will post tomorrow. Have to save something as I am working on a painting in preparation for January's challenge. I have the challenge all worked out and I think it will be as stimulating and exciting as December.

It is such a blessing to be able to have an activity that totally engages you. Today was gloomy, foggy and generally unpleasant but I had the best time staying in and painting.

2 comments:

Nava said...

Myrna, I do wish you started using some color, rather than posting such muted down paintings... ;-)

This one's soooooooooooooo cool!!! And the texture medium looks fun to play with.

Wishing you a wonderful 2008, with lots of creative challenges and glorious color combinations!!!

RH Carpenter said...

Ah, I love texture - in fact, maybe a little too much!! I'm with Nava, you've got to get more colorful! :)
I don't see how you can energize us any more in January, but I'm looking forward to it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails