Thursday, December 20, 2007

AN EXCITING E-MAIL TODAY ALONG WITH 2 MORE FOR THE DECEMBER CHALLENGE




I woke up this morning to find this exciting e-mail on my computer.
"Congratulations on winning the 30-Minute Self-Portrait Paint-Off
competition. You may read the announcement on ArtistsMagazine.com at the
following URL: http://www.artistsmagazine.com/article.asp?id=3097

As a Paint-Off winner, you're entitled to a $50 gift certificate for North
Light Books."

There are lots of competitions on the internet and I enter some of them from time to time. Sometimes I win something, sometimes I don't, but it's lots of fun to play plus you don't have to pay anything and you don't have to mail a painting anywhere.

Here are two more bozzettos. I prepared the texture last night with the leftover paint. (I hate to waste paint! and Hydrus doesn't reconstitute very nicely once it has dried on the palette. Tonight I used walnut ink and India ink along with a dip pen and my sharpened wooden match to draw the image on. I think the less detailed image is more interesting. I am learning to be selective and not record everything I see. It's a struggle.

3 comments:

Nava said...

Ahhh - welcome to the Walnut Ink club. I am addicted to that stuff!

I love the shapes in the first one, and love the line and the drawing quality in the second. Hard to compare the two.

Congratulations on yet another award :-)

It's getting lonely in the comments section - I can hear the echo of my typing...

RH Carpenter said...

Hi, Nava - still here :)
Myrna, congrats on the award - $50 from NorthLight is great!!! Time to drool over the website or latest catalog :) I never heard of this competition but may check it out just to see what's around. I really think you nailed the dreadlocks look on the second and the first - well, the red on his face makes him look a bit scary like he's been in an accident. Just MHO, of course.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award. Love all your experiments with dreadlock dude!

Related Posts with Thumbnails