Wednesday, January 2, 2008

THE PLAN


Here is the image I have selected for me to work on the January Challenge. Everyone should have their own image to work with. I was so tired last night going through tons of photos and was getting very frustrated that I couldn't find a figure I wanted to work with. I found this fabulous face and decided to go with it. I managed to work in my sketch book thinking and working out ways to create a vertical composition from this photo. I surprised myself and thought of 3 interesting ideas. I fell asleep with this project on my mind. When I awoke in the morning, the solution popped into my head. It is an amazing phenomenon that happens during sleep where solutions to problems are worked on.

I had a very long day driving out to the Gallery Concord to deliver 3 new paintings for the next quarter show and pick up all the paintings from my featured artist show there. I worked with others to hang the new show, then drove the hour home. There is a big storm coming in tomorrow, so I wanted to be sure and unload all the paintings while it is dry. I have no idea where I am going to store so many framed paintings. If anyone has creative solutions to painting storage problems, please share! Tomorrow is the Critique Group gathering and then I will deliver my painting to the Triton Museum for the upcoming California Painting Exhibit. After that, I plan to spend the afternoon painting! I am excited to get this idea onto the paper and get my brushes wet.

1 comment:

Nava said...

Great expression! I already see some verticals :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails