Tuesday, January 8, 2008

KALEIDOSCOPE PAINTING 2ND HEAD


What am I learning for doing this painting? Well, once I painted the first head, doing the same thing 7 more times seems more like work than fun. I had a difficult time generating enthusiasm for painting today for that reason. For some unknown reason, I am finding it more difficult to paint the head facing the direction of the second head than the first. The last observation is how the initial color I applied on Tyvek is impacting the final results. I had a lighter touch with the first head and I like that there were more areas of very light tones on the face. So, there will be some interesting variation from head to head when the piece is done.

Since this painting looks like it will take awhile, I think I will start working on the next one and have two paintings going at the same time. It is often a good idea to be working on multiple paintings, especially in watercolor, where you need to let it dry in between stages.

The demo is off for tomorrow night. There was a conflict of dates for the art organization and two people wound up being booked for the same night by two different people. They will reschedule me and I will let you know when that happens.

3 comments:

Cecelia said...

To me, it's always hard to do something again. It's almost always going to be different, although a lot of people are able to carry this out. My expressionistic self wants to get it down and move on!
I think, so far, my favorite is the finished painting, although I do see what you are doing with this. I'll be glad to see how you finish. The painting of the woman is striking.

Marilyn Fuerstenberg said...

This is very interesting. Maybe this will be the next winner.

I noticed that it is painted on tyvek. Is this the tyvek that they print labels on? Where do you get it?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Marilyn, If you click on the side of the blog where you see Tyvek it will bring all of the posts that relate to that subject. There is posted the information on the company and contact person for the Tyvek. You need some friends to share with you as minimum orders are for 500 sheets! It's very reasonable per sheet and one order will last you for a number of years.

Related Posts with Thumbnails