Tuesday, January 15, 2008

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD

I reframed the painting for AWS. wrestled it into a special shipping box, wrestled it into and out of the car and handed it over to FedX for safe keeping. I was totally exhausted by the time I got home. The other task I competed yesterday was to get my workshop teaching schedule put on my website. So, if you are interested, check it out. The one workshop not listed is for a private group of ten painters in Oakland who paint together and book their own workshops. Interesting idea!

Today I worked on my kaleidoscope image for awhile and then decided that I needed to get back to drawing everyday. I take tons of photos and so often never do anything with them. My new goal is to do some drawings from them shortly after I take them. I was pleased with a number of the photographs I took at the SCVWS Anniversary party. While people were listening to the speaker, I was busy taking photos. Some nice reflective, relaxed gestures. You may recognize a few of these faces. I wasn't trying for a perfect likeness, but if you recognize yourself and let me know, I will give you the drawing as payment for showing up here on the blog unannounced. The gentleman was sitting at the next table but he was lost in thought and wasn't paying a bit of attention to me. He reminded me of my grandfather. I practiced holding the camera down in my lap and tilting it up to take the shot.

Nava is posting her notes from the John Salminen workshop this week on her blog. Check it out. She is off to a great start.

My laptop screen went blank late this afternoon. I am trying not to panic. Technology reminds me of that childhood rhyme, "when she was good she was very very good but when she was bad she was horrid."

1 comment:

Nava said...

Great drawings, Myrna! Among the "Others", I recognized Ketra, our speaker. No fair that you got all those fun photos, and I had to work! :-(

Love this idea of drawing everyday - once this workshop ends, I may try to do it too. I can't wait to get back to painting what I like, and not what I am told to...

Related Posts with Thumbnails