Wednesday, August 1, 2012

NEWLY PUBLISHED!

50/50 #34

This is one of my favorite backgrounds.  I will be sure and use it again in a larger piece.  Naturally, I forgot to photograph it before I drew on top.  I am finding more and more that I have to take action immediately or the thought is gone and may never return.  It is a help with my procrastination tendencies but not always convenient.  

This background is various washi papers glued down with some torn Tyvek thrown in for good measure.  I painted the papers after they dried  then did the ink drawing on top with my Lizard's Lick #4 from Cheap Joe.  

I sent the book off into cyber space to be printed.  I hope the images bleed out to the edge as that is how I wanted it.  I am not sure that is how it will turn out.  There is a feature while you are creating the book that shows you what will get cut off so I sized each image to allow for that.  The preview of the book shows a white border around each image, which is not what I wanted.  I'll have to wait and see if I need to make any adjustments for future copies.  I plan to add some photos of the event in future copies but I couldn't wait to see a finished copy of the book.  Impatient as always!

4 comments:

Joyfulartist said...

Your drawings are so much fun on the various background. There's no way I could pick a favorite. No wonder you can't wait to see the whole body of work published.

Meera Rao said...

As I remarked before, running out of adjectives ;) love love the background and your drawing is so sensitive! Good luck with the book!

Autumn Leaves said...

I too like this background, Myrna. It looks like marble!

RH Carpenter said...

There is something hauntingly wistful about this one.

Related Posts with Thumbnails