Monday, August 6, 2012

GOING STARK RAVING MAD!

50/50 #38
I didn't post last night because I thought the battery had died in my computer.  Turns out I had a bad connection and everything is fine!  

Back to business....the title of this post refers to this poor soul who I photographed in Bordeaux.  The background is all Tyvek.  I tore up an unsuccessful painting and collaged it down with the painted sides up. The trick to tearing Tyvek is to make a small cut with a scissors, then pull it apart.    It needed some light areas so I turned some of the pieces of torn Tyvek over and added them to the mix.  The background was so "busy" that I kept the drawing simple.  

6 comments:

Billie Crain said...

This has the most surreal appearance of the series, IMO. I think the title is perfect for this subject. Surprising how much texture you get from the Tyvek.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Wow, Billie, you are very fast! I just posted. Tyvek is a great textural material. It is a spun fiber and looks like rice paper put lets the paint mingle and then, when it is torn, it is has these wonderful long fibers and you can pull it apart to a very thin layer that is somewhat transparent or leave it thicker. The post office has envelopes that can be used to play around with.

Joyfulartist said...

All of your drawings fit so well on the backgrounds you make. It's amazing. Do you look at the backgrounds and find a suitable face to draw on it? Or, do you juat "wing" it?

Myrna Wacknov said...

That is a great question! I printed out 50 faces I wanted to use and then tried to match them to the backgrounds. Of course there is always the surprise element when the two come together...which is the part I like best!

Meera Rao said...

Perfect match of drawing and background!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh this is just as beautiful as all the others. I am so loving that you are unifying each of the pieces by the style and type of drawing. The differences are in the backgrounds and I think it is going to be a gorgeous display, Myrna.

Related Posts with Thumbnails