Saturday, August 18, 2012

I'M READY FOR MY CLOSE UP!

50/50 INSTALLATION

50/50 CARTOON FOR NAIL PLACEMENT

50/50 INSTALLATION WITH MY ASSISTANT AND ME!
It was a gorgeous day, so Jerry and I decided to drive west over the mountain to Half Moon Bay and have lunch before we headed up the coast to Pacifica to the Sanchez Art Center.  When we arrived, I drew a number out of a basket to determine where I would be in the art center.  It turned out to be in the central hall of the main building.  I was happy with that space.  They handed you a cup with nails in it and some wall putty to secure the bottom of each panel to the wall.  We brought the hammer and a level.  There were several people walking around giving guidance, suggestions and help where needed.  I really appreciated my husband helping me with this, especially the top row which would have required a step stool for me.  I was a little unhappy with the lighting but was told they don't set the lighting until after the entire show is up.  There are two more days available for artists to bring their work.  I was going to use the first photo in my blurb book but I realize there is a piece of blue tape that has to be removed.  I think I will reprint my bio with a bigger font size because it is up high and it is too difficult to read the way it is.  I can switch it out right before the show.  I am happy with the final effect and can't wait for opening night.   It should be fabulous with everyone's work up.  I hope some of you can make it to the show.

18 comments:

Sue J said...

Thanks for showing us, Myrna. They all look fantastic. Well done!

For my third attempt at Word Ver.

Autumn Leaves said...

This looks as stunning on the wall as I thought it would, Myrna. Really beautiful. I so wish I could see the show because the way each artists display is hung is so compelling.

RH Carpenter said...

WOW! What a tremendous accomplishment; and what beautiful artwork :) Good luck with the show - wish I could be there.

Sonia said...

Absolutely fantastic - look forward to you being able to show some of the other entries.

Liz Hill, irreverent Art said...

You are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful place. Oh to be back in California...

Cory said...

Congratulations...the installation looks great. Thank you for sharing your process. Wish I were able to see the show in person.

Sharon Feingold said...

Wish I lived closer! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Myrna! I am impressed by how great the installation looks! The paintings compliment each other. This project of your has been most inspiring, and enlightening!

mary Crowell said...

can't wait to see them in person, will be there on fri with guy magallanes and my husband John, the texture is so exciting!

Dorise said...

How wonderful Myrna! I love the way you and Jerry planned the hanging. I tried to hang small pieces once and never thought of using a template. Thanks for the tip and your work is fantastic as usual.

Barb Sailor said...

Congratulations, Myrna...I have been following this project very carefully from the beginning. It has been so interesting watching this evolve and it is always amazing that you are willing to share your talent and creativity with us. Thank you!

Billie Crain said...

It's amazing to see them all together. Quite the undertaking. Kudos, Myrna!

Lisa Graham said...

Congratulations Myrna! This is a stunning body of work. I wish I lived closer...I am in Kansas. I hope you have an incredible time at your showing!

Heather said...

Your paintings look great! Have fun at your show!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you all for your kind words and enthusiasm for this project. I will give a good report on the opening which is next Friday.

debwardart said...

What a lot of work - but worth it! Have a wonderful opening - enjoy yourself after all the hard work! (Husbands do come in handy, don't they!!!)

Michelle Himes said...

Wow, Myrna! All of them hung together like looks awesome!

Lisa Graham said...

Myrna, I was looking at old comments on my blog and I totally forgot you said you were from Kansas City...I'm in Wichita...just wanted to tell you that.

Can't wait to hear how things went on your exhibit! It is so awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails