Wednesday, January 26, 2011

PORTLAND WORKSHOP DEMOS!

Computers can be so darn exasperating!!!!  I have had the worst time trying to connect to the Internet using my host's wifi connection.  Somehow I figured something out tonight because I finally was able to get it to work.  

We just completed day 3 of the workshop.  All 21 participants are having too much fun!  They are embracing the concept and running with it.  I am hoping to be able to create a slide show to share with everyone.  That will be my next tehno challenge!  In the meantime, here are the first two demos I painted on Tuesday.  The first one is showing VALUE as the dominant element. Painted on Tyvek. Everyone, including me, draws a slip with a color combination to work with.  This one was green, violet and orange.  

The second painting has SHAPE as the dominant element with analogous colors of yellow green, green and blue green.  This one was painted on textured gesso.

The group talked me into dealing with texture tomorrow instead of Friday.  Half the group are already texture junkies.  I think I draw them to me.  The rest of the class will be texture converts by the end of the day.  

4 comments:

Fernando Pena said...

Hi Myrna, thank you for sharing

jane.w.ferguson@gmail.com said...

Glad you are having fun Myrna.Love my new book also got another you should check out Drawing Lab for mixed media artist by Carla Sonheim.Very fun

Myrna Wacknov said...

Fernando, so glad you like them! Thanks for stopping by.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Jane, I am missing seeing everyone. Will be back on schedule next week. Foolish woman, I have the Drawing Lab! Fun book. Can't draw a cat to save my soul!

Related Posts with Thumbnails