Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ALL IN A DAYS WORK...SAN DIEGO WATERCOLOR SOCIETY WORKSHOP


Today is the second day of the Variations Workshop.  I am working with an exciting group of artists.  Everyone is so helpful and friendly. It is a real joy to be here.  Yesterday we worked on creating shapes and changing shapes in the morning.  The afternoon was spent working on value patterns for the morning drawings.  Today we had something to start a painting with.  Everyone made at least two paintings today.  There was amazing creativity exhibited.  We had a little show and tell at the end of the day.  I took photos but I am too tired tonight to make the slide show, so stay tuned for tomorrow night.

Tuesday is the meeting night of the society and I was the program!!  The top painting is my demo for the evening.  It was drawn and painted in less than an hour.  It is a fairly straight forward portrait.  The bottom painting is my demo for the class this morning.  It is a very stylized version of the same gentleman.  I want to do another painting of this image with a few changes,  The second image is painted with acrylic inks.  This is the first time I tried these paints on this particular paper.  It dried very fast, which I liked but the lines feathered quite a bit.  Not sure  why this is happening.  I will have to explore a little more when there is more time.  

Between the end of class and the demo, we made a little trip to a Dick Blick store which was lots of fun. Across the street was a great Italian restaurant where we had an excellent dinner and time to visit a bit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna, These are exciting variations; I really like the bottom stylized version. It caught my attention. Have fun!

Desiree's Designs said...

I wanted to go to this so much, sorry to have missed it, I will enjoy watching your blog for updates on what you are doing in the class

jane.w.ferguson@gmail.com said...

Hi Myrna,Glad you are having fun.As aways love browsing around your blogg.Always an inspiration.

Related Posts with Thumbnails