Saturday, January 8, 2011

ON MY WAY!

Monday starts my workshop in San Diego for the San Diego Watercolor Society.  I am looking forward to meeting lots of new friends there.  There are over 15 people in the class, so it should be very exciting.  Because I can drive to this workshop, I have practically emptied my studio of supplies.  The van is such a great vehicle for carrying everything.  We started out Friday afternoon and arrived in Cambria (down the road from the Hearst Castle) in time to meet our son and his wife for dinner.  They have just purchased a fantastic vacation rental house in Cambria with an ocean view.  I brought down the last of the paintings I finished framing to dress up the walls here.  In exchange,  we can stay here when ever we want as long as it isn't rented out.  I am even thinking of conducting a small workshop here at the house.  That is on the back burner, for now.

I just bought a new Moleskine small watercolor sketchbook.  I decided I needed to do more live sketching, so I have done 3 little paintings in it.  This is the best of the three....my view from the restaurant at lunch.  We had just come back from seeing the Elephant Seals.  There were hundreds on the beach, many with brand new babies.  I was hoping to see one birthed but after watching for quite awhile, we gave up.

Tomorrow we will drive most of the day to reach San Diego.  There we stay with our oldest son.  It makes it extra special when I can combine teaching with visits with my children.  It is a wonderful way to start the new year.  Life is good.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you Tuesday nite!! I thought you were so nice at the international show at sdws to talk about how you did your amazing painting!!

Barbara

Unknown said...

I look forward to seeing art from what should be a great workshop!

Judy Tillson said...

Welcome to SanDiego! If you are having any kind of an open house/open studio after your workshop, I'd love to stop by & meet you and see the work.

RH Carpenter said...

Sounds like another adventure, Myrna, and glad you get to visit your children along with the workshops :)

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi, Barbara I hope you enjoy the demo Tuesday night. Be sure and introduce yourself to me.

Tim, I checked out your blog. The portraits were excellent. Hope to see you at the workshop.

Judy, thanks for the warm welcome. I don't think they have an open house but the gallery is open during the workshop. Stop by at lunch time and poke your head in. There is my demo on Tuesday night. Check the website for location. It is not at the bldg in Liberty Station.

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna, I hope you have a lovely time in San Diego. I like your watercolor sketch. There is something wonderfully poetic about watercolor sketches I think. How do you like the Moleskine?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Rhonda , thanks for the comment. I hope to meet you in person one of these days.

Him Peggy, I, too, like the look of ink line and watercolor. I find the Moleskine intimidating! It seems precious and no way to remove a bad entry. It does make me be more thoughtful as i work. This one I got for half off and then used a $5 Border's Bucks coupon, so it only cost $4. The best part is the size. I carry it with me every where.

Kay said...

I wish I could take a workshop of yours..Have a great time!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Kay, I would love to come to Utah! If you know of any art groups that sponsor workshops, let them know about me. If not, get ten people together and we can make it happen.

Related Posts with Thumbnails