Wednesday, January 12, 2011

MY DEMO DAY 3 SAN DIEGO "VARIATIONS" WORKSHOP

I am trying to create a slide show of the work from Day 2 but the slide.com web site is not working properly and I cannot get it to "save" the slide show.  If anyone knows how to fix this problem from my end, let me know.  

This painting started out as a failed painting.  I collaged several hand painted and stamped tissue papers I had made previously, leaving a little of the original paper for contrast.  When the collage dried, I painted on top with Hydrus Liquid Watercolor by Dr. Ph Martin.  I used a little white gesso for the opaque areas.  The challenge was I brought the wrong set of colors.  All my favorite colors are sitting in my studio!  So this was done with Thalo Green, Sepia, Cobalt Violet, Permanent red (practically day-glo [yuck]) and lemon yellow.  Somehow I made it work.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOULD LOVE TO WATCH YOUR VIDEO, BUT CANT GET IT TO WORK, I WILL KEEP TRYING, THANKS FOR SHARING

Crazy RAvens Studio said...

Did you paint and stamp over or paint over stamped paper? I like.

Related Posts with Thumbnails