Thursday, June 10, 2010

COLLAGE TEXTURE BACKGROUNDS!

I found these blank white board books at Aaron Brothers recently and thought they would make an interesting project. The surface will accept almost any art material and the weight of the pages is ideal for collage. I bought this 6" square book and another 8" square book. I decided yesterday to do something with them. I think I will use them as sample books and try different ideas out. This book will explore tissue paper collage mixed with metalic acrylic paints in various combinations as backgrounds. Then I will draw on top of that with different materials to see what interesting effects I get. The first image is just bronze metallic acrylic with a stamp. It reminds me of a Klimpt background! There is no tissue collage with it. The others are tissue, stamping, brayering and anything else I could think of!

7 comments:

Billie Crain said...

Clever idea, Myrna! Where do you get your stamps? They're so cool. Do you make your own?

Unknown said...

I'm always enthralled by your experiments. I like the fact that you're willing to move away from your comfort zone and explore new ways to make art.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Billie. I buy lots of stamps, mostly patterns and textures and love to make my own with magic foam by Clearsnap. I also carve soft material. Making your own stamps personalizes the work and makes it unique. Thanks for asking.

Myrna Wacknov said...

H Kathy, for me exploring is the most fun I can have in art. I am always curious how it will look. Knowing too much in advance is boring! Your work is amazing!

Kathy M said...

Myrna, you are always inspiring. A force of nature. Follow the force.

Unknown said...

I love these, colors, textures! They are fabulous. I also love what you are doing with portraits in the following posts !

Martha Kisling said...

I love the idea of a sample book - great colors and textures!

Related Posts with Thumbnails