Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"HOMELESS"


There is nothing more poignant than looking into the eyes of the homeless. It is such a disturbing situation and I always think about what I would do if I found myself in that situation. I was working on this last night and then first thing this morning sitting in bed. I had a feeling of unease the whole time. It felt like he was looking right through me. I had read in the Sunday paper how Danielle Steele, the author, has been helping the homeless for 10 years. Maybe there is a message for me here.

If you would like to send me your drawings for the week, myrnawack@aol.com or myrnawack@prodigy.net are my e-mail addresses. Just put the photo in the body of the e-mail and I will take care of the rest. I look forward to seeing what everyone has been working on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find painting older men of limited means very inspiring. Somehow their lives show in their faces.

Love your drawing.

Anonymous said...

Myrna,I think your homeless man is so amazingly soulful. It truly is a masterwork. I think when you are touched by something deeply the hand of God finishes the work with you.
Dorothy

dorothy siclare said...

Myrna...I think this drawing is the most intuitive drawing that you have done...such pathos such soul. Truly outstanding!

Related Posts with Thumbnails