Tuesday, June 17, 2008

8 SKETCHES IN 8 DAYS


Peggy Stermer-Cox is the first to send in her sketches from the 7 day challenge. They are very creative and exciting! I can see a series of paintings from these sketches. Peggy is an artist from Ocean Shores, Washington and is part of the team that is putting together my workshop up there in October. Check out the link for the workshop and check out Peggy's website at
http://peggy.stermer-cox.com
http://www.stermer-cox.com

I was doing some very simple drawings of a single cala lilly. Peggy was really going to town! I think I need to pick up the pace a bit.

I look forward to seeing what the rest of you are working on. Send in those drawings!

4 comments:

Cecelia said...

Peggy's drawings are very exciting!
I wanted to remind everyone that Saturday is the 19th World Wide Sketch Crawl. Go to http://www.sketchcrawl.com for more information. I also have a bit on my blog. I hope that everyone will participate. It's exciting to think about people all over the world, all sketching their surroundings at the same time.
Maybe it is just the art teacher in me, but I think it is such a neat idea. I didn't start it or have an interest in it, but I am trying to let people know so they can get involved, and I'm trying to get it going in my area of Texas.
It is for everyone, everywhere, and it's free.
Happy drawing! I need to get off the computer more and send you my drawings. But, I just wanted to let everyone know about the crawl.

Evolving Expressions said...

these are beautiful sketches, and very elaborate, mine were very simple subject, a brush.... I did send you an email with the 5 days drawing, hope you received them.

RH Carpenter said...

I love how abstracted everything became, where it's just shapes, like Carla O'Connor does. Great stuff and definitely a series of paintings in the making! Thanks for sharing them, Myrna. Wish I had something half as good to share but didn't get much done.

Anonymous said...

I was totally absorbed, trying to see how she moved from one to the other and deciding which seemed to convey what. Mine were simple and didn't change much, and I still have 3 to finish, but I'm inspired. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails