Monday, March 17, 2008

"STROKES OF GENIUS 2" ENTRY


I finally mailed off my entries to North Light Books for the "Strokes of Genius 2" competition. It took me 4 tries to burn a decent disc but I finally got it right. I checked it on a PC computer to double check how it would appear to the judges. I work on a Mac and I'm never sure that it is readable on PC's. The deadline is the end of the month, so if you have been contemplating submitting something, don't delay. You can download the forms from their website at www.artistsnetwork.com The above is one of 7 pieces I submitted. This is from one of my self-portrait photos I took. I like the odd angle. I tried to stamp a message in the background. I was going to fill in all of the surrounding space but decided it would probably look better half done. I am hoping that one of the 7 entries will be accepted. I will have to wait until July 1 to find out.

I have been working with someone in a charming seaside community called Ocean Beach, Washington, to give a workshop up there. We settled on the date of October 20-24 of this year. I am excited to have the opportunity to work there. If any of you want to combine a relaxing vacation with a workshop, this could be a great spot. I don't have all the details yet, but if you are interested, let me know and I will fill you in as things are confirmed.

Thanks to all of you who submitted your popcorn visions! What fertile imaginations you have. I am still visualizing and will make a decision tomorrow. I received the latest issue of our educational channel's magazine with a picture of a tortoise on the cover. It looked like a popcorn kernel! I may have found my image....

1 comment:

Nava said...

I think you'll be seeing popcorn everywhere for a while :-)

Great submission choice - I love this drawing of yours!! It's very unique, and I think they are after uniqueness.

Related Posts with Thumbnails