Monday, July 5, 2010

PICASSO BY PUZZLE!


The is a wonderful store near me that has all these wonderful supplies for school teachers.  I love to check out all the interesting art supplies they have.  I have discovered lots of interesting items and most of them are very low in cost.  My last foray during their summer sale uncovered these blank puzzle cards in several sizes.  I wondered what it would look like if I painted several and then scrambled the pieces.  I bought the small size just to try it out.  Today I came across these little items and decided to see what I could do.  I had to use a small box cutter to separate the pieces as they were not totally cut through on the edges, probably to keep them whole until colored.  This was a fun little project.  I may try a larger version later.  The trick will be to cut all of the images at the same time so the shapes can be interchanged.


11 comments:

Suzy Pal Powell said...

Neat paintings...
I found some of those a few years ago, and i painted Christmas scenes on them for my art students for their Christmas card. they loved them. they were about 4x6 size.It was a lot of fun! (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)

RH Carpenter said...

You got very Picasso-esq in the final versions, Myrna. I like them all and wouldn't they make a very cool display?? You are always discovering neat things and you must have the inner workings of a child - open to everything and happy to experience it all!

Judy Tillson said...

What a creative woman you are! Love your puzzles!

jgr said...

Oh this is just so cool! You are always coming up with amazing techniques--thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is fun Myrna! The potential of mixing and matching can catch the imagination. I agree, I'm always amazed and amused by the creative things you come up with.

Anonymous said...

I love your sense of adventure and exploration. You never fail to impress and inspire. Thanks so much for sharing. Dorise

Mark Sheeky said...

What a clever idea. The results would make an enigmatic triptych!

Anonymous said...

Myrna

You are the most creative person I have known.

Also please check "the telegraph" british paper, it has a video of an artist who is using an I-Pad to paint a portrait of an old man, using the app "brushes", from what I remember of the article he has some portraits in the Tate Gallery using this method. All the best
Annie v.

Carol Nelson said...

Blank puzzle pieces - what a great find!
I did a self portrait on nine mini canvases (4x4 each) that looked much better when I mixed the canvases up. Fun, fun.

suzanne cabrera said...

Such a great idea and breathtaking results!

First time here and instantly in love with your work. It is so striking!

Michelle Himes said...

Ha Ha! That looks like a really fun project. I love it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails