Sunday, July 25, 2010

HOME ALONE! FINISHED

I worked on this painting all afternoon.  With this process you could keep going forever.  It is a pretty dark painting but I like the proportion of light to dark, warm to cool.  The texture is fun.  I think I have totally covered over the initial collage.  In fact, I lost count of the layers of paint and paper.   I enjoyed trying some of the new tools and ways of applying color.  Overall, I think this has something of the feel of what I was trying for.  I want to try it again with a new image.

9 comments:

DJ said...

WOW!!!
This is gorgeous!
I love the warm tones and expression. You really have quite a jewel here...

wafa'a said...

damn nice!
love it!

Dan Kent said...

I think this is very powerful and so interesting!

Janet Belich said...

OOOoooooo !
Love the dark, moody, warmth !
With all the layers it'll be hard not to want to touch !!
Nice.

SKIZO said...

Fascinating work.
It has been delightful
to visit your gallery.
Good Creations

Unknown said...

This really came out well. You could never just arrive at this point. You have to go through all those layers, steps, and transformations to get all the texture and build up. I get it. I think you are listening to what the piece needs until it finally quits being so stinking needy!

alteredstatesstudio said...

OMG- that is awesome! love this- the colors are wonderful!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you all for your comments. Feedback is important to me. I think I need to do some more in this process.

Nora MacPhail said...

Your work and style is just magnificent. Really marvelous work.

Related Posts with Thumbnails