Saturday, July 3, 2010

NEW WORKSHOP SCHEDULED IN ISRAEL!

I usually don't post anything about my personal life in my blog, but my personal life and my life as an artist have come together in the most exciting way!  

This is a photo of my sister, Harriet, sketching in Las Vegas.  She lives in Hertzliyah, Israel which is a beautiful coastal town outside of Tel Aviv on the Mediterranean Sea.  We have traveled together many times and have fun painting and sketching along the way.   I usually have an opportunity to see her almost every year and Skype has been an amazing way to stay in touch.  I have traveled to Israel 3 times in the 40 years she has lived there.  In order to entice me to come again, she has found a location for me to give a watercolor portrait workshop in Tel Aviv!  The dates for the workshop are December 5-9, 2010 (this year!)  It will be held at the Tel Aviv Artists House, situated in the heart of Tel Aviv.  This location also had 6 galleries with on going exhibitions and a branch of the biggest art store is in the building.  If  you know of anyone who might be interested, please pass on the information.  If you need help in locating a place to stay, Harriet said she could help.  I have put the contact information on my workshop page. Harriet is still in the States for at least another week but will be available to answer any questions through e-mail.   If you have any additional questions, let me know.  

3 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

WOW! That sister of your's is wonderful - and she must really want you to visit to entice you with your own workshop during your stay :)

Nancy Standlee said...

Wonderful for you. Wouldn't that be fun to take?

klwong43 said...

Congratulations, Myrna! I can totally see why you are excited. Wish I could go. Always wanted to see Israel.

Related Posts with Thumbnails