Monday, September 24, 2007

TENNIS BALL WITH INK


After framing 9 paintings today, I finally took a break and did a fast painting. I used Lana watercolor paper. First I sprayed it with water to dampen the surface then I dipped a new tennis ball into a dish with India ink and swiped it across the top of the paper, sprayed some more and worked the ink into the paper, let it run and generally toned the paper. Then I dipped the ball into more ink and started to draw. What Fun!! After things had dried somewhat I dipped a large bamboo pen into the ink and drew some details. Went back with the ball and added some more full strength ink in places for more contrast. Any ideas for more tennis ball experiments? Leave your ideas in the comment section. I am thinking liquid water color next! Click on the image to see it in greater detail.
Tomorrow I hang my 10 paintings (out of 20) of Nick with Guitar in the Gallery Concord. This is the first time I get to see them all hanging together. You can view the entire series on my website: www.myrnawacknov.com under the series section.

1 comment:

Nava said...

I love this developing series!

The only idea that comes to my very tired mind right now is throwing/bouncing a tennis ball (loaded with ink/powder) onto the paper, or dribbling it. Could create some cool random texture.

Of course, I'm not the one who'll need to clean your house afterwards... :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails