Monday, October 24, 2011

'TIS THE SEASON!

TYVEK WALLET ENVELOPES

PAPERS PLUS FINISHED WALLETS
Gallery Concord sets up a table for the holidays with various hand crafted items made by some of the Gallery Artists.  This year I thought it would be fun to make some Tyvek Wallets (from a single tyvek envelope).  It is a little time consuming but a fun way to try out all those metallic acrylic paints I am so found of buying, along with some irridescent and traditional colors.  Not to mention all the stencil patterns I can't resist.  I bought some metallic pens to accent some of the patterns.  If they don't sell, I am set with gifts for everyone on my list!  

Tonight I tried out my Pages program on the Mac to design a card to go with the wallet.  Thank goodness I have a live-in expert who can coach me through the technical parts.  It is an amazing world we live in but it seems like a never ending learning curve for everything from using a phone to driving a car (think Prius) after driving for over 50 years!  Sometimes I long for old fashioned simplicity!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see what these wallets look like. Can you open one up and photograph it, Myrna? They sure look cool!

Meera Rao said...

These are so clever and adorable! (even though I like the ones with your drawings from a while ago more !) BTW, Where do you have it for sale?

Joyfulartist said...

Myrna, your wallets are beautiful. Can you send us back to the post from last year with the directions for making them? Thanks!

jane ferguson said...

Very cool my wonderful creative friend,love em!

Cory said...

Myrna, these are wonderful...would love to make a couple for gifts this year. If you have a tutorial with photos included,(like a PDF for instance)I would love to purchase one.

Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Amen to simplicity. I can do everything on my iphone but make a call.

Kathy M said...

Amen to simplicity. I can do everything on my iphone but make a call.

Related Posts with Thumbnails