Monday, October 10, 2011

FOCUS ON DRAWING!

ONE DRAWING A DAY #1 BAMBOO PEN

ONE DRAWING A DAY #2 CONTINUOUS LINE RAZOR POINT PEN

ONE DRAWING A DAY #3 CONTINUOUS LINE RAZOR POINT PEN
We had a great time up in Mendocino County this past weekend.  The great people in Gualala were warm and welcoming.  If you have a chance to see the portrait show at the Gualala Art Center, don't miss it.  Great work with so much variety from drawings to photography, sculpture and painting in acrylic, oils, watercolors....et al.  

We drove to Mendocino on Friday and I found a wonderful book store there.  Often, great finds are in the smaller independent bookstores.  Buying on line may save money but it is important to keep brick and mortar stores in business.  Having been an entrepreneur all my life, I like to support small independent business owners.   Two new books on drawing now grace my burgeoning book shelves.  One drawing a Day by Veronica Lawlor inspired me to do the above drawings.  Veronica is part of one of my favorite blogs....Urban Sketchers.  I find her style very exciting, so I couldn't pass up this book!  The first assignment was to draw a still life or some section of your environment.  I have a greenhouse window in my kitchen, so I focused on that.  I was so anxious to try out my bamboo pens that I didn't focus on the details of the assignment (use a razor point pen and a continuous line)  I decided to do a second drawing following directions and then started a 3rd drawing.  Don't you just love the soft sculpture "Eve" that my sister bought for me!  She's lots of fun to draw, too.

I have just started to read the second book.  I will discuss it when I have digested more of the concepts. Till then, it shall remain a mystery!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Myrna, I love the quality of your line! These are fun drawings, and I do like the soft sculpture!

VickiRossArt said...

Funny how we seem to 'skip' the directions :) I'm going to go to her blog, thanks for recommending!

Helen H Trachy said...

So happy I found your blog this morning! Thanks for sharing! I'll be back to visit you to learn some more and admire your work. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails