Sunday, November 23, 2008

DRAWING MARATHON RESULTS!




Today was a very productive day. I spent from 10 to 4:30 doing two sessions of quick life drawing studies. They break for half an hour for lunch. Not a lot of people showed up today so there was plenty of room to spread out. I wasn't too concerned with the accuracy of my drawings. I wanted to try some different combinations of materials to see how they would work. For some reason, my computer refuses to load my favorite drawing of the day. I am tired of trying to figure it out, so maybe tomorrow I will have better luck.

In the meantime, here are 3 of the half sheets that I worked on today. One has red hand painted tissue collaged onto the paper and then drawn with white ink and India Ink brushed around the figure. Interesting effect. Another is white acrylic ink applied with the oiler boiler from Tap Plastic (a slightly larger needle). I like it on the black background. When you use India Ink or Acrylic ink in these bottles with the needle in the top, have a separate bottle with clear water in it. Take the needle cap off of the Ink bottle and place it on the clear water bottle and squeeze. Running clear water through the needle this way keeps it from clogging and getting ruined. I did this after each drawing. It's kind of a pain, but worth it.

The third drawing is on paper where I gessoed it first and imbedded used fabric softener sheets plus some bubble wrap impressions on the gesso. I rubbed charcoal over the whole page and then drew with india ink. I like the effect of the last one the best where I used more ink around the figure and only lines inside the figure. I will definitely do this set up again.

4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I think I like the last 2 best, Myrna, but really like how you make even a life drawing session your own!

Anonymous said...

Interesting,keeping your love an expertise with the figure and using the abstract collage back ground .I love it.

Nava said...

Nice! I think I recognize the male model, which means that though you did not go for accuracy, you did get the likeness intuitively.

I really like how you combine the figures on one page,. It transforms the drawings from yet-another-life-drawing-session to something more. I find the orangey one is very appealing, as it tells a story.

Unknown said...

Wow very nicely done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails