Monday, October 20, 2008

PAST DEMOS OF MORRIS ELLIS!




This is Morris Ellis, an artist that I photographed (with his knowledge and permission!) at a major art show. His hat and beard were so interesting to me that I used him as my demo for about 5 different workshops. I started using other faces but Morris has a special place in my heart. Here are 3 of the 5 paintings. I never photographed the other two. I will take care of that when I return home.

We had a great first day today. Everyone is working quickly and really doing a great job. Jerry and I spent the evening tonight at Peggy Stermer-Cox's home. It was exciting to meet in person someone I met on line. She and her husband were great hosts and we had a very lively discussion over a delicious dinner. You would not believe that this petite 4 foot 10 woman has spent 20 years in the military and has done 5 parachute jumps and rappelled out of a helicopter! We were really impressed. It was wonderful to be able to see her unique and beautiful paintings in person. Things always look even better in person. Peggy is really a special person and artist. Check our her blog and website.

What an adventure this art path has become.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Myrna! It was a lively and refreshing discussion. It was a pleasure meeting you and Jerry in person. I like the expression you give that hatted and bearded portrait!

Related Posts with Thumbnails