Thursday, October 23, 2008

NEW VERSIONS OF BILL THE PAINTER AND MORRIS!



Here are the two paintings I have done for demos this workshop. The first one is Bill the Housepainter. I floated random color on the paper and let it dry. Then I applied two coats of diluted matte medium and finally I tried something new, Aqua Pasto. It is a thick gel like substance that creates some interesting texture. I put the Aqua Pasto in the hair, beard stubble and some in the upper left of the background. When all this was dry, I painted my image. I really like the textural effects with this new stuff. I will be experimenting again with this item.

I decided to do a quick little painting of Morris to demonstrate painting on Tyvek. He just has the perfect face to play around with.

The weather and the people here in Ocean Shores couldn't be nicer!

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

Looks like you're having fun experimenting and enjoying Ocean Shores. I bet your ability to expand on watercolor techniques is just blowing them away.

David Lobenberg said...

Yea, show off!!...you know how to paint an open smile with teeth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails