Monday, June 8, 2015

THRILLED!


KEVIN
It has been a very exciting week!  I learned that the above painting of my son, Kevin,  received a second place award in the Watercolor division for the annual SWA show.  Their new gallery location is in San Bruno and it looks like a lovely space to exhibit and hold workshops and meetings. 

Society of Western Artists Fine Art Center
527 San Mateo Avenue (between Sylvan & Angus Aves.)
San Bruno, CA  94066
Hours:  Thursday - Saturday
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
(650) 225-9250

 Finding suitable locations for art groups to meet and share is getting more and more difficult.  Expecially, in the Bay Area where rents are skyrocketing because of the hi tech companies booming growth.  I am looking forward to seeing the show.  My turn to sit at the Gallery is Friday, July 2nd, so come by and say hello and take a look for yourself.  

Then, I returned from a gorgeous weekend with family in Cambria to find my advance copies of the August issue of Watercolor Artist in the mailbox!  I am so excited to have a 10 page spread in this beautiful magazine.  I was very honored that they asked to showcase my work.   Below is a url telling more about it.  Looks like the August issue will hit the newsstands on June 16th!  Don't ask! There doesn't seem to be an explination for why the dates on the magazine don't correspond with when they actually appear on the newsstands.  If you want a copy, Barnes and Noble carries the magazine.  

If the article gets your artistic juices flowing and you would like to learn some of these ideas and techniques, you can check out the workshop page of this blog for dates and locations where I will be teaching.

http://www.artistsnetwork.com/medium/watercolor/myrna-wacknov-mixed-media-self-portrait-gallery

10 comments:

Sadami said...

Congrats, Myrna! I hope we, artists will have opportunities and place to show works -- not easy in Sydney, too. Best wishes, Sadami

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you Salami, Artists struggle where ever they are in the world, but it is worth it!

Autumn Leaves said...

Congratulations on so many fronts, Myrna! I can see why Kevin's painting won an award; it is beautiful!!

RH Carpenter said...

Congratulations, Myrna! I am looking forward to receiving my magazine and reading your article. Keep up the great work!!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Sherry. It is one of the few paintings that is strictly watercolor that I have done recently.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Rhonda. Loving what you are doing these days.

Gary L. Everest said...

Hi Myrna,
It's a great painting and no doubt, the best in show! You're really on a roll!
Congratulations, Myrna.
Sincerely,
Gary.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Gary. Too bad you weren't the official judge!

Mike said...

Received my copy of the magazine and immediately sat down to read it and look closely at all the featured art work. May I say that you "Hit it Outta Da Park !!!" Congratulations . . . . !! But we both know that this was purely due to consistent hard work (or consistent hard PLAY!) Take a big bow, my friend !!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Mike, your generous comments warm my heart!

Related Posts with Thumbnails