Saturday, June 30, 2012

SOMETHING EXTRA!


50/50 #11
50/50 (11) COLLAGE BASE
The base for this drawing was created on deli paper with acrylics.  There is some gold metallic paint incorporated into the design.  It is always difficult to photograph metallic because of it's highly reflective surface.  

When I drew the face with ink, I didn't think I had enough contrast for the line to really show.  I decided to highlight with Gold (fine) fluid acrylic.  All of the deli papers needed the extra painting of the highlights. 

This was done a few days ago.  Today I created 12 collaged backgrounds. It was so much fun.  I always save the smallest scraps of painted collage paper.  Working this size, these little pieces add an interesting touch.  I loved making these little jewel of an abstract composition.  It helped knowing I was going to add an ink drawing on top.  Making a bunch at a time and having them each a different idea let me try out ideas as they came to me.  I have never worked in this manner before and it was exciting.  I have decided to complete all the backgrounds before I do any more ink drawings.  

The meeting last night was very interesting.  About half of the exhibitors were there and each brought examples of their 50/50 project.  We went around the room and each person talked about their ideas and how they were approaching them.   I am always so impressed by some of the things creative people  think about to express in paint and other art materials.  One is doing "Queen for a Day" (If you are not old enough to remember this, Google) Another is working with the spines of old books plus what was tucked inside the books.  This is going to be a fantastic show!

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh, but this show sounds fabulous! I too am always amazed and thrilled at the creative imaginations in the world! Wish I had a bit of my own.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Sherry, I think we discount our own creativity and think others are much more inventive. If you dream, you are creative...just follow your interests, curiosity and joy in discovery. I think you would love the little book "Steal Like an Artist". Check it out.

Kelly M. said...

Just read about your award in Watercolor magazine -- found your concept intriguing -- also note you recommend all books by Chas. Reid, Shirley Trevena and Wolf Kahn -- ah, yes! agree absolutely!

Dan Kent said...

It's been great following along on your progress. Wish I could see the show. I love #11!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Kelly. Thanks for stopping by. Seems we have similar taste in inspirational artists!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Dan, So nice to hear from you again. #11 was such an interesting face. Very snooty. Hope you like the rest of them as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails