Sunday, April 24, 2011

FINISHED?



I have posted the previous incarnation under the finished painting so you can see some of the changes I have made.  Some of the differences are just the difference in adjusting the photograph.  I did not make any changes on the face and neck of the figure on the right, but I did change her hair some.

This is as close as I can come to getting the photo to match the actual painting in color, value and intensity. A good case for viewing paintings in person!  I have made adjustment after adjustment.  It seemed once I changed one thing, something else didn't look right.  I had to "kill" one of my favorite parts for the good of the entire painting.....I hate when that dilemma occurs.  I will bring the painting to critique.  I am thinking I want to do this composition again with some changes in the drawing.  

My husband is getting very good at critiquing.  He spotted some problems I had not noticed.  I appreciate his interest and welcome his comments.  I don't always agree with them, but I never get upset with anything he has to say about the work.  

In the past, I have focused on one face.  Having multiple figures or faces presents a much greater challenge compositionally.  I am having growing pains but I like the challenge.  Now, if I can only get more abstracted.  Onward!

9 comments:

Kathryn Ramos said...

I love the women here, they have such personality shining through. There seems to be a story to tell from each and you have captured it :)

Debco said...

Love what you have done. Can you say what iPad paint application you used to try out your ideas?

Cory said...

Beautiful as always...I like the change of the forehead on the lady on the left, and please, please, please teach me how to draw hands the way you do, they are great.

Anonymous said...

This is oh so fabulous, Myrna. I imagine these three as being great friends and sharing their life's joys and sorrows. It is beautiful!


Autumn Leaves

Unknown said...

I love the Images, but the negative spaces are even better!

Joyfulartist said...

This is just a wonderful painting!
I love what you did in the negative spaces and the adjustments you made are spot on.

Candy said...

Myrna, this is great! I agree with Sherry - they must be great friends.

Meera Rao said...

Love the gorgeous textures, patterns and the super duper composition :)

Jeanne Carr said...

I love, love, love that, even as a working artist, you are challenging yourself. I've made the same promise to myself recently as I've allowed art to come in last place for too long. I'd love some feedback as I take my creative journey. Visit me at www.thenoodlefactory.blogspot.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails