Friday, October 9, 2009

DAY 4 VARIATIONS: COLOR


Here is a painting I did as a demo. One of the students put too much red gesso on his paper so I transfered the extra and covered an failed painting that had lots of texture already on it. I finished the painting with oil pastels. Texture to the max!

Day 4 is color and we were working with Faber Birren's 7 forms of color. Lots to wrap your mind around. Everyone jumped in and gave it a try. Light bulbs started to go on and some interesting paintings were developed. The slide show follows.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Again, wonderful work and your red piece is marvelous!!!

Joyfulartist said...

I know some of these artists and I'm excited about the work that you have brought out of them. It's so different from what they ususally do and yet it's still very much them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails