Monday, September 28, 2009

PAGE 29!!!!


My complimentary copy of "STROKES OF GENIUS 2" arrived today and my contribution is on page 29. I immediately sat down and spent a few hours checking out all the images. The book is beautiful with so many different styles and techniques. I need to go back and write down some of the ideas that intrigued me. A simple graphite pencil and paper can produce exquisite results. There were lots of different surfaces and unusual combinations of materials. I am often interested in the materials and techniques even if I am not interested in working in the same style as the artist.

I am excited and inspired! Now, all I have to do is find lots more time.

7 comments:

Suzy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! so excited for you!

Lucy said...

Well, you inspire me. I'm adding your blog to my newly created one!

Lucy Warlick
www.artbeforethehorse.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

Hi Myrna,

I continue to be inspired by your work. I would like to add your link to my newly created blog.

Lucy Warlick
www.artbeforethehorse.blogspot.com

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you Suzy and Lucy. It is the first time my work has appeared in a published book.

Lucy, I have added your blog to my list. You have lots of exciting ideas!

David Lobenberg said...

Beautiful sketch!

RH Carpenter said...

How wonderful to open a book and see your artwork inside! I have the first book, will now HAVE to have the 2nd :)
Also congrats on winning Donna Zagotta's giveaway of her DVD!!

Dan Kent said...

Congratulations - can't think of anyone more worthy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails