Friday, December 19, 2008


I hope to have the internet thing fixed today. In the meantime, I am working against time again to get this posted. I sat at the gallery yesterday so had a lovely quiet time painting. Here is my realistic version of the Frenchman on a textured background using a limited palette of Quin Gold, Burnt Sienna, Brown Madder, Payne's Gray and Neutral Tint. I'm not sure about the bubble wrap on the nose! Otherwise I like the textures with the traditional...makes it a little more interesting. I need to be more careful about where I put what textures in the future. I want to do one more stylized version of this guy. I had an interesting idea for presentation using four of them in one frame. Maybe I'll make him more "green". Green is in these days.

3 comments:

Joan Sandford-Cook said...

Came to you via Rhonda's blog and so glad I did. I have a dream of one day working on portraits and the use of texture delights me in your work. My work grows from natural history and love of plants and gardens, from botanical through to contemporary textured large canvas pieces, but Id love to have the courage to go over to portrait. I shall certainly visit you often now Ive found you. .

Carol Feldman said...

First, let me say that I so much appreciate your allowing us to look at your paintings in a large enough size to really study the brush strokes. I know it is a balance act of loading time/protection from theft/computer skill, but sometimes I get so frustrated when I really want to understand and enjoy the work I am looking at the the artist won't show me a large enough photo to really appreciate the work.

Wel, that was a lot of words to really just say...I love this series and am learning a lot from it.
Thank you.

MD said...

A beautiful painting and I like the texture very much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails