Wednesday, August 20, 2008

SKETCH BOOK DRAWINGS


This is all I had time for today in the way of art work. After hunting down the book of Indian portraits, I decided to start sketching some of them. I didn't realize that there were quite a number of photographers represented in this book. The difficulty of dragging such cumbersome photography equipment by wagon all over the West is staggering. How wonderful that these images have been preserved. Now we have digital cameras the size of credit cards!

I hope to do many more sketches. I was studying their features intently. The cheekbones on these proud faces are the most dramatic I think I have ever seen. Big big wide strong cheek bones, elongated noses, small intense eyes, rich skin tones. Magnificent faces!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Myrna,
The sketches are wonderful!
Can you please post the name of the book?
Thanks.
Phyllis

Elizabeth Parsons said...

If ok with you, I've nominagted your blog as an outstanding blog- details are on my blog.
all the best,
eBeth

Related Posts with Thumbnails