Tuesday, July 8, 2008

NEW PAINTING TITLE BETTER THAN IMAGE!


This is a painting I have been working on an hour each day for a few days. It isn't quite finished but I wanted to show I have been doing something! It doesn't look all that interesting to me but I will finish it and probably just put it aside. I am going to add more bison in the background and a strengthen a few more areas. I might fiddle with the composition and do another in a different style or I may just move on. Funny how you get this idea in your head and then it falls flat when you actually paint it. They can't all be prize winners.

What is the title, you ask? "Endangered Species".

6 comments:

Nava said...

Cool composition. Having seen the original photo, I have to say you did this guy a HUGE favor...

Nava said...

Hey, I have come bearing an award. Check out my recent post here.

laura said...

Hi Myrna--for some reason I like the solitary bison: he's enigmatic! I didn't notice him at first, and when I did, I thought of a fetish ...

Pablo VillicaƱa Lara said...

I love the concept! the composition! the colors! What a perfect title!

Kay said...

I think that the idea is great, and the execution etc, but maybe the problem is that the focal point (or what I see as the focal point) pushes me right back out of the painting. I wonder if it could be cropped to let the viewer in a bit more? I'd love to see you follow through with different versions - an idea well worth developing much further!

Bonnie's Blog said...

The title gets the oscar.

Related Posts with Thumbnails