Saturday, February 18, 2017

CHANGE OF PACE!

VERDANT 
SAN DIEGO OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN

The source photo for my latest painting is from a recent trip to San Diego.  After putting this image through various photo app manipulations, I painted this landscape by scraping acrylic over a collaged surface which I had applied to a wooden cradle board.  This was a lot of fun to complete a painting without one actual brush stroke.  I wound up totally covering over the hand printed surface papers but the texture made a huge difference in the final result.  Originally, I had created a much more abstracted image but was struggling with the final touches and then went for a more traditional impressionistic solution.   I really admire many non-representational pieces by others.  Somehow, I find it very difficult to do.  I am trying to challenge myself to work in a more abstracted manner, at least part of the time.  This painting is going to be part of an exhibit of abstracted landscapes by my critic group friends.  I will share more details of where and when after I have the official information.


4 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

I like this a lot! Looking forward to more landscapes from you as well as your usual portraits :)

jeanDNA@yahoo.com said...

Love this - what a change. You are amazing!!

Myrna Wacknov said...

thanks, Rhonda. I am not sure if I will be doing very many landscapes. I did this one because I wanted to participate in a group show. I also wanted to show the process of manipulation photos using something other than a portrait. So nice to hear from you. Hope all is going well.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you Jean. A change of pace is fun once in awhile.

Related Posts with Thumbnails