Wednesday, February 3, 2016

LAST DEMO FOR SANTA CLARA VALLEY WATERCOLOR SOCIETY

SELF PORTRAIT IN SEPIA
This is the last demo I did for the workshop last week.  The lesson was creating a painting on a collaged surface.  I decided to keep this one in sepia tones as the background papers were warm neutrals.  The wording was from a small brown paper bag I picked up at WholeFoods intended for a line of hand made soaps.  Inspiration is everywhere when you do mixed media!  Trash becomes coveted treasures and nothing gets tossed out.  I am now spending this week reorganizing all my "treasures" so I can find them when I need them. It is also useful to go through these sorts of supplies to remind oneself of what is there.  It is like treasure hunting in your own supply closet.  

I discovered I have quite a few unfinished paintings.  This might be a good time to see them with fresh eyes and get some fresh ideas.  

Here are the last of the student paintings, many of them are a work in progress.  Most of the group was not excited to be doing a self portrait but realized the value by the time the workshop was over.  The workshop is NOT about doing a self portrait.  That is just the vehicle to experience the process.    The last image is a wonderful example of how the information learned during this workshop can be translated into any other subject.  I can't wait to see how this nest egg painting is ultimately resolved!














1 comment:

Sadami said...

Thank you, Myrna and talented students! I really enjoy all the posted works. I hope you could have a class in Sydney. Best wishes, Sadami

Related Posts with Thumbnails