Saturday, January 4, 2014

KEEPING UP, SO FAR!






Here is the digital drawing I did today. I am focusing on the watercolor app called Auryn Ink. I think a pressure sensitive stylus will be particularly good for this app as I kept wanting to go back and forth changing the width of my mark. That is a huge difference between using a brush that you can manipulate by hand and a digital brush.

I drew the outlines as if it were pencil. I thought this would be a first layer and then I would eliminate it in the end, like erasing one's pencil marks, but I can't seem to find a layer feature that I can understand. If someone knows how to work the layers in this app, please share!!! I then started laying in the color. I think this will be a favorite app once I get a better understanding of how to work with the variables.

BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

I'm impressed. Good work
I struggle just using the paintbox feature. lol

Autumn Leaves said...

Looks like a great painting, Myrna. I don't use apps so I am useless when it comes to them.

Barb Sailor said...

This is absolutely fascinating. I have been in love with computers and their possible use in the fine arts since apple came out with the Apple 2 GS in the late 80's - this ipad application is pure genius and you - not surprisingly - are making the most of it.

Jeff Chase said...

Nice, Myrna, you're developing a looser style than is typically found in iPad art...a "Myrna mark" perhaps. Wish I could help with Auryn's layers, but their system is definitely their own...quite unlike Sketch Club or Procreate. I'm now concentrating on Procreate because I feel that over the long run it has the most potential...it definitely allows for a sketching layer. I'm waiting for my FuYu as well.

VickiRossArt said...

Thank you Myrna, I've got all the apps! Several stylus and even a burgs for painting...and have never gotten past start. Reminds me of the days long ago with a program called Paint . Never could get into that!

Meera Rao said...

I have worked some with sketch club but layers often stumps me :( nice work you have - looking forward to seeing more !

Related Posts with Thumbnails