Thursday, June 20, 2013

UNEXPECTED GENEROSITY!


American Journey Metal Travel Palette


     I received an unexpected gift in the mail two days ago from Cheap Joe's Art Stuff.  It was a loaded American Journey travel paint box along with a brush!   The note that was enclosed explained it was a congratulatory gift for being accepted into the American Watercolor Society annual show for the second time.  Joe Miller is an excellent entrepreneur and promoter but his generosity goes well beyond just marketing his product.  He truly is a great friend of the arts and the artists.  
     I decided to try out my new set with this image I already had sketched into my book.  One of the colors in the paintbox is called Shadow and I thought it would work well for this backlit image taken at sunset.    Perfect!!!!!!  I love all the mixing space available and the generous space for brushes in the middle.   The shape of the color pans allows for access of flats.  There is a ring on the bottom of the box so one can safely hold onto the open container with one hand and paint standing up.  All together a well designed and solidly constructed metal paintbox that should last for years.  Thank you, Joe, for your continued support.

9 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

That is a wonderful gift and it is so cool to see that you've already put it to good use!

Nancy Goldman said...

What a nice surprise! And congrats on getting into AWS again. What an honor!

Your watercolors in your journal are lovely.

Sharon R. White said...

Myrna, I love all three of the paintings you have posted of Ghost Ranch, especially the ink sketch. Being an artist living in Albuquerque, I get to visit Ghost Ranch every few years and I love it. It has such a spiritual feeling. Last April a year ago, my family hiked up to Chimney Rock. Quite a feat for a 69-year old! I wish I had known you were in the area! I love your work, blog and website. Sharon from Albuquerque

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Sherry. I couldn't wait to try it out. Very pleased with this product. Joe Miller is a very sweetheart of a man.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Nancy.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you Sharon! Next time I am in the area, I will try and let other know.

RH Carpenter said...

What a great gift!! Joe is a real businessman with a real caring for his customers - what other company would have thought of doing that?

Myrna Wacknov said...

Exactly, Rhonda. When you are generous (and you are) it comes back to you in so many ways!

Mary Paquet said...

I have heard that said about Joe by many artists. Love the journal entry.

Related Posts with Thumbnails