Sunday, March 31, 2013

MYRNA AND MICKEY...WHO KNEW?


The California Watercolor Society is teaming up with the Walt Disney Family Museum, located in The Presidio in San Francisco, for an exciting weekend of events on Saturday,  April 13th and Sunday, April 14th.  I will be teaching a half day workshop on Saturday in their gorgeous studio space.  I am keeping it basic and simple as I have no idea the experience level of the participants.  It is open to anyone who would like to participate and I am just going to assume they will be beginners to watercolor.  I can always make it more challenging for those who are have some experience.   The materials are very student grade so we will be putting gesso on the paper and go from there.  The great thing about gesso is it takes care of the poor quality of the paper and one doesn't need expensive brushes for that surface.  It will be a fun day and I feel very honored that I was selected to be the instructor.  If you want to be part of the class, you will need to purchase a ticket.  Space is limited to a maximum of 25.  You can find more information on the Walt Disney Family Museum website: http://www.waltdisney.org/the-masters

 There will be other artists from the California Watercolor Society painting in the lobby and two plain air artists in the Overlook Gallery both Saturday and Sunday.  There will also be a lecture in their Theater on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  It is going to be an exciting event.  I hope some of you will be able to make it.

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh to be able to attend the weekend events - all of them! Hope you have a blast Myrna!

Meera Rao said...

Oh so fun! I know it will be a memorable workshop :) All the Best!

Candy said...

Okay, Myrna, I have to tell you that the first time I looked at this it was about 4:30 a.m. I saw the title and thought, "What's Myrna doing putting Hollywood gossip in her blog?" My next thought was, "I never knew Myrna Loy had an affair with Mickey Rooney." Now that I'm awake, I want to tell you to have fun:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails