Tuesday, August 18, 2009

BROMMER WORKSHOP DAY TWO: LINE PLUS COLLAGE





Today we worked with collage papers instead of painted shapes. The idea is that the shapes do not relate to the line. More like a double exposure thing where two separate things are merged into one painting. We did two different paintings, one where you start with the line and one where you start with the shapes of collage paper. It was more difficult that I thought. Once you have the line down, it is challenging to ignore the line and put the papers down. If you look carefully, you can see the line under the collage papers in the second image. I decided to photograph the process so there is a before and after. I did two different versions of the Frenchman so I could use them for the LINE chapter.

It was a very fun day and I like the slow progression of adding ideas to the mix one change at a time. Very easy to really absorb the information and put it into use. Gerry liked my first effort so much he said he would like to have it. I said I would trade and he agreed!!!!! Wow, I am very jazzed about that! Honored that he wanted one of my paintings and excited that I get to own one of his.

Tomorrow we work with brown paper, white textured collage papers and layers and layers. Yum!

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh thank you so very much for giving us a run down of day 2...how exciting,,I know now I have to take one of his workshops.
That is really cool that he liked your work so much that he "traded",,wow, you lucky girl you!!!

Meera Rao said...

Sounds like so much fun! I wish I could attend one of the workshops!

Magdalena Bogart said...

I would like that painting too. You planned where the paper goes,
so that the face is light. You are such an expert.
Lena

Sue J said...

This looks so exciting. Thanks for sharing. I love the effect of the collage and line.

Related Posts with Thumbnails