Tuesday, September 23, 2008

FRENCHMAN: LINE AS COLOR #1


This one was a lot of fun to create. I used my drawing from the "wire sculpture" challenge. I created a few value studies since I just completed a workshop where that was the emphasis. I really didn't know how to approach all the color so I just started making colored lines. I knew I wanted the background dark and a contrast in value with the outside edge. I used Caran d'ache for the colored lines and then used the Hydrus Liquid watercolors. This one is on Tyvek. The paint did a surprising thing. It appears it slipped under the resist crayon line and seeped into the next area in a very interesting way. The paint went through the paper on this sheet. It normally doesn't. I like the effect but I'm not sure I could recreate it again.

This marks the FIRST ANNIVERSARY of my blog! I can't believe it has been a whole year. I want to thank all of you who have followed along and helped to make it a big success.

6 comments:

Nava said...

Ahhh - I remember when I was your age (blog-wise :-) and celebrated my first anniversary.

I celebrated my 2nd one in July - and yes, it amazing to look back an realize you're doing it for that amount of time.

You've done some wonders with your blog and contributed to the art life of so many of us! I'm (and probably w'all are) looking forward to a great new second year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your One Year Anniversary of providing inspiration to all of us. I predict that within your next year, you'll be a featured workshop instructor in Artist's Magazine "Workshop".

Anonymous said...

I love this painting but I have no idea what Tyvek paper is or where you get it. Is it like yupo? I'd love to try some.

Evolving Expressions said...

Myrna, You are probably the most inspiring artist in my life so far, I owe you big time, your blog is so valuable you have no idea.

Myrna Wacknov said...

I am extremely flattered. You probably can see me blushing all the way to Canada! I learned awhile back that the way to get ahead in life is to help other people get what they want. It is a joy for me!

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

myrna, I just found your blog and it is wonderful. I will be keeping up with what you are doing. I started a blog a couple of months ago.

Related Posts with Thumbnails