Friday, March 28, 2008

BOZZETTOS # 6 & #7



I am closing in on finishing the bozzetto sheet. I worked with a round brush on these two but it didn't have a point on it so I had difficulty in creating some lines I wanted in the eye area. The last one, I used my favorite brush, the Cheap Joe Lizard's Lick #4. I am loving how I can lift color off of this surface and I am getting better at getting color to stick. I took advantage of the initial beading up of the paint on the last bozzetto to create an interesting texture in the background. Now I am thinking about which one to enlarge into a full size painting. If you have a favorite, cast your vote in the comment section.

Tomorrow I will be acting as the juror for a CWA show at the Gallery Concord. This will be my first time to participate in this capacity. I am pushing myself to do something I find uncomfortable because I think it is an important growth step in my progress as an artist and teacher. I will discuss the process tomorrow. Stay tuned....

5 comments:

Nava said...

Damn, you're good! have you ever considered teaching? ;-)

Hard to cast a vote - the composition of #7 is very interesting with some nice negative spaces, the close-up of #5 has an intimate quality, and the play of shapes in #3 is intriguing.

Aren't you glad you asked?

Barb Sailor said...

Myrna, They are all fascinating, but I will have to 'vote' for #5- the beautiful loose, expressive brush strokes and the colors in this one really catch my eye. It really expresses emotion.
Barb Sailor

Mary Paquet said...

Myrna, these are terrific. I especially like the composition of #7 and agee with Barbara on #5 -- there is so much energy in this one.

Sandy Maudlin said...

I really love the one with the beaded up background, like the placement and sense of incompleteness that lets me get more involved. All have been wonderful to see.

Dawn said...

Hi Myrna,

I like #2, guess because of the warm colors. And congratulations on your acceptance and a medal in the big WC show.
I am adding you to my blog roll. I love watching you paint!

Related Posts with Thumbnails