Tuesday, May 4, 2010

NEW TOY!!!!!!!!

When the I Pad was first announced, my husband declared it a dud and predicted  there would be no takers.  He is a pc dude and I am an apple lover.  Guess who just STOOD IN LINE for several hours (you have no idea how remarkable this act is) on Friday when the 3g models became available and bought "his and hers" I Pads!!!!!  A slightly early birthday gift to me, a "Happy Un-Birthday to me" gift for him.  Shopping in the App store is like being a kid in a candy store!!!  I downloaded a $.99 painting program and this is my first finger painting since kindergarten!    This is going to be sooooo much fun.  It takes a little practice but I am up for the challenge.  Saturday we are driving down to Southern California for Mother's Day.  I will have lots of time in the car to play.  I am actually looking forward to being in the car most of the day.  Truly a miracle device.

8 comments:

Meera Rao said...

Neat!!! and I love that sketch :)

Unknown said...

What a great birthday gift!! Hmmmm .... I'll have to drop hints to a certain someone about this ;-) Anyway, I love the fact that you utilize any medium that comes your way to create art. That's genius!

Judy said...

Congratulations -- can't wait to see what you'll be doing on it.

Re your trip: don't forget to take the car charger.

Mike said...

The drawing even looks like the guy who stood in line, Mryna!

Cool of him to do dat!~

Kathy M said...

Happy Mother's Day, Birthday and IPad day! Too much fun.

Ginny Stiles said...

Keep us up to date with how this iPad thing goes.
We may be standing in line too...I am an iMac fan and just love Apple too. Seems like Christmas might be a good time for Santa to stand in line.

Some day (maybe in separate email) you could talk about how much EXTRA you need to get over and above the $499 to make this gadget work right. Did you buy an extended warranty? Did you get the stand up charger? Ear phones? etc. Do you need to use AT & T for WI FI connection? ps..love your finger art!!!

Billie Crain said...

I love new toys! How's this one work? Like an Etch-a-Sketch?

Victoria said...

Looking forward to hearing what you think of it over time. Is it mainly for art work or will you use it for books, etc. also?
Thanks for a great blog.
V.

Related Posts with Thumbnails