Tuesday, November 1, 2011

TEXTURE TO THE MAX!


This is a piece I have been working on all day.  After creating a stylized drawing I copied it onto tracing paper and then transferred the drawing to this cradle board.   I then glued down, with YES Glue, various heavy textured papers.  Then I coated the surface with rather thin gesso.  When that dried, I added some gesso patterned tissue over everything and waited for it to dry.  Then I started painting with watercolors.  I decided to use one of my favorite palettes...the Rembrandt muted one.  This was fun. I think I will do another one tomorrow.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could see you in action, Myrna. I have a hard time visualizing all of the steps you took to create this wonderful piece. Can't wait to see what you do for round two today!

RH Carpenter said...

Cool dude, Myrna! Does putting gesso over the textured papers create even more texture? We're going to have to start calling you TQ (Texture Queen) :)

Nancy Goldman said...

I love it! You've created a great effect with all of that texture and I like the subtle colors too.

Carol Nelson said...

Love the texture thing you've got in this one.

Liz Hill, irreverent Art said...

this is an interesting method ...may have to try it.

Unknown said...

I like all this texture. I bet it looks better in person, texture is never quite captured in a snapshot. I like the character you painted,interesting half crazed expression!

Related Posts with Thumbnails