Saturday, September 17, 2011

LISSEWEGE: A MAGICAL DISCOVERY!

LISSEWEGE CANAL
CAFE IN LISSEWEGE WITH VINE
On the train trip back from Brussels, our tour guide sat next to a woman who told her about a charming little village called Lissewege that we might want to visit and paint.  It turns out that the village is only a few kilometers from where we were staying and, as luck would have it, there was a major sculpture exhibit for the month all over town.  The day was sunny and beautiful, the town was charming and the sculpture was amazing!!....every style, every material and everywhere!  I loved the cows grazing in the pasture right next to very contemporary sculpture pieces.  All the restaurants were closed that day, so Gail and I stepped over the chain barrier and set up shop at some outdoor tables and chairs overlooking this beautiful little canal that was lined with gorgeous flowers.  Jackie brought us back some sandwiches and we had a wonderful time painting and visiting.  There was a tavern open (didn't really serve food) but we were able to use the wc there.  All in all, a perfect day!  I have made a slide show of all the sculpture.  So much talent in the most unexpected places.

Here are a few more paintings by Gail in front of the actual scene.  






6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh boy! Everything is just so gorgeous! This is a post full of eye candy today, Myrna!

Joyfulartist said...

We're heading to Belgium this week, hope we have as nice weather as you have had. I'll make a note about "Lissewege" in my guidebook. Love the sketches!

John R. said...

I really like how effortless these pieces look. I've recently tried getting back into water color and have gotten a bit frustrated. I think it's mainly because I'm trying too hard to control them. I like your stuff though.

Gayle Miller said...

I was quite surprised to open your blog this morning and find me and some my work part of it. You are a superb friend, teacher and inspiration. Gayle

Myrna Wacknov said...

Gayle, it was a joy a pleasure painting with you. I hope we can do it again!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Gayle, it was a joy a pleasure painting with you. I hope we can do it again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails