Saturday, July 30, 2011

PROFILE DEMO FOR WORKSHOP


Along with demonstrating how to create an accurate profile, I also demonstrate how to work on different paper surfaces.  I usually work on Tyvek paper for the profile.   

 Tomorrow I will post the final slide show which combines the profile paintings and the children paintings from the group.  They are in various stages of completion but everyone recognized the importance of putting time in to get a good drawing.  Since we had only one day for profiles and one day for children, they will have to finish them at home.  Of course, that is the goal of the workshop to find some new information to take home and grow and develop from there.

We have one more beautiful day here in Bend as the flight home isn't until 8:30 PM.

12 comments:

Sadami said...

Hi, Myrna,
Thank you! I always learn something new from you.
Cheers,Sadami

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Sadami. Your work is so charming. I hope we get to meet someday!

Meera Rao said...

Love the texture on the profile :) Often I am so eager to start painting but have learnt the hard way that good drawing and value configuration ahead of time is a must!

Myrna Wacknov said...

Hi Meera, Good observation. A good foundation will produce a better painting.

Sandra said...

Your drawing and water colour is so amazing. You have such a command of design as well.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Sandra, thank you for such kind words. The paper is helping the paint make interesting effects.

teri said...

Looking forward to more images from the workshop .... even if they were only half completed.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Teri, for your enthusiasm. I was impressed with their work.

Autumn Leaves said...

Gosh Myrna...this is glorious! I love your work.

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thank you, Autumn! I appreciate your support.

Cory said...

Lovely as usual. I love your work...

Myrna Wacknov said...

Thanks, Cory. A special compliment coming from you. I like your creative approach. I need to check out Art Unravelled!

Related Posts with Thumbnails