Saturday, June 18, 2011

UNDER WATER!

I didn't like the drawing I had on this painting, so I took all the divisional tape off and put it under water to wash everything off.  I was very surprised that there was very little color lifting!  I thought everything would wash off the gessoed surface.  Fortunately, the walnut ink drawing did completely disappear.  That was the good news.  The bad news was that I had been developing the center top square to a much more finished state, didn't like it and now it didn't match the other eight.  Fortunately, the Mr. Clean magic white foam cleaning square scrubbed off the extra paint and I was able to get that section to look like the others.  I redrew the images with a dip pen and acrylic ink.  I decided not to re-tape the sections and painted them in with the acrylic ink instead.  Now I have to neutralize the backgrounds a bit and subdue the pattern so it is more subtle.  I am really feeling my way along with this painting.  I'm not sure I will like it when I am done but we'll see how things go.  One thing I re-learned is to work all the panels at the same time so they stay related.  

4 comments:

AutumnLeaves said...

Myrna, so far so fabulous! I must say that I enjoyed reading of your re-working attempts and hearing what you did and what worked. I love that you could use one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers!

Sadami said...

Hi, Myrna,
Thank you for sharing the precious experience. Very good lesson for me to unify independent units at once. Take it easy.
Cheers,Sadami

jill said...

THese are great drawings and so much feeling in them too

jill said...

THese are great drawings and so much feeling in them too

Related Posts with Thumbnails